The Hardware Development process at HPTSC involves:
- Working with the customer, System Engineering and Embedded Software Development to understand the current and future operational needs of their communication system;
- Aligning those needs with industry standards and trends as they relate to modern Network Centric Warfare concepts and customer-mandated architectural frameworks ;
- Translating system requirement specifications into hardware requirement specifications, design documents and defining the interfaces between subsystems;
- Designing the high-level hardware design to identify components and their interfaces;
- Working in Integrated Product Development Teams that represent all of the participants in the development of the end hardware products;
- Working with the customer to identify and mitigate technical risks through a structured Risk Management process;
- Working with System Engineering in order to verify the system capability through rigorous System Integration and Qualification testing; and
- Working with the customer to provide Fielding and Product Support of the delivered system.
HPTSC develops of ruggedized, conduction cooled circuit card assemblies that meet the operational requirements of our Customers.
The core Hardware Engineering capabilities are:
- Architecture of Electronic Systems,
- Architecture of Electronic Subsystems,
- Embedded Processor Design,
- High speed synchronous digital design,
- TEMPEST and EME compatibility design,
- Simulation and test,
- Design layout and fabrication, and
- Signal integrity design and analysis.